Choosing the right school
Choosing the right primary school for your child is an important decision. The experiences they have in their formative years can have a major effect on their skills, attitude and abilities in their later years.
Whether your child has yet to start school, or you haven’t found the right fit for your school-aged child yet, it is always a good time to research and evaluate options!
Ficino School’s advice to parents when looking at schools is:
Most importantly, visit a school when class is in session. This will give you the opportunity to:
- Get a good feel for the vibe of the place
- See students and teachers interacting
- See how staff interact with each other, children and visitors
Visit a school’s website or ask for a copy of the Prospectus. This will provide an idea of:
- The school’s learning philosophy and values
- The benefits they can offer your child
Word of mouth is an important tool – use it!
- Talk to current parents and get their take on the school
- Read testimonials
- Can the school connect you with other families like your own?
What have past students gone on to achieve?
- Hear from past students in person or read about their experiences online